Walmart Vendor Sustainability Award
July 13, 2016
Kruger Products has received Walmart Canada’s sixth-annual Vendor Sustainability Award. The award recognizes a company’s sustainability efforts and achievements and applauds its assistance in helping Walmart reach its own sustainability goals. Kruger Products was selected for this prestigious honour from more than 100 other suppliers.
“Demonstrating leadership in sustainability and minimizing our environmental footprint through our business processes and the products we sell is incredibly important to us, said Andrew Telfer, Manager, Sustainability, Walmart Canada. “Kruger Products is helping Walmart Canada provide consumers with the affordable green products that they are looking for while helping us reduce our GHG emissions and waste. Kruger Products has also been a great industry leader in creating opportunities for retailers and suppliers to collaborate in their sustainability efforts.”
“Environmental sustainability is at the core of our business,” says Mario Gosselin, CEO, Kruger Products. “We’re honoured to be recognized as a leader in sustainability by a company like Walmart that has fundamentally changed the consumer packaged goods industry and has done so much to protect the environment.”
Over the years, Kruger Products has focused on reducing its environmental impact while increasing its ‘green’ line of products. Conserving energy, reducing emissions and decreasing water consumption has allowed the company to exceed the expectations of its stakeholders.
KRUGER PRODUCTS DIRECTLY SUPPORTS WALMART’S KEY SUSTAINABILITY INITIATIVES BY:
- Offering one of North America’s largest portfolios of third-party certified tissue products including 100 per cent recycled, Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certified products by EnviroCare sold at Walmart Canada stores. Kruger Products was the first Canadian company in its category to obtain FSC® certification.
- Kruger Products recycles over 110,000 tonnes of paper annually, diverting 16,000 garbage trucks from landfills and preserving over 1.7 million trees.
- Originally led by Walmart’s five per cent reduction target, Kruger Products reduced packaging material by 13.5 per cent since 2009.
- Kruger Products has reduced its energy consumption in Canada by 11.3 per cent and reduced GHG emissions by over 25.7 per cent since 2009.
- Since 2009, Kruger Products has reduced water consumption by 18.8 per cent annually.
With its Sustainability 2015 program ending this year, Kruger Products intends to launch another five-year sustainability program – Sustainability 2020 – later this year.
|From left to right: Matt Blixt, Regional VP, Kruger Products; Eric Muir Senior V.P, Walmart Canada; andTom Gorwill, Director Business Development – National Accounts, Kruger Products.|